Category : IPA
Minnesota Residents: You must receive independent professional advice
If you reside in Minnesota and are interested in selling your structured settlement payment rights, you must obtain the advice from an independent professional adviser.
Below we cite the code that defines independent professional advice, and we cite the code that REQUIRES you to obtain independent professional advice:
- 549.30 Subd. 6. [INDEPENDENT PROFESSIONAL ADVICE.] “Independent professional advice” means advice of an attorney, certified public accountant, actuary, or other professional adviser:
(1) who is engaged by a payee to render advice concerning the legal, tax, and financial implications of a transfer of structured settlement payment rights;
(2) who is not in any manner affiliated with or compensated by the transferee of the transfer; and
(3) whose compensation for providing the advice is not affected by whether a transfer occurs or does not occur.
- 549.31(d) the payee has received independent professional advice regarding the legal, tax, and financial implications of the transfer.
We are a nation-wide independent professional adviser, we can help. Call today for a free consultation.
Andres Financial Group, is a highly professional group in Independent Professionals providing advice in the transfer of structured settlements. Associates across the US, with the ability to pool all our resources in your best interest.
IPA services include but are not limited to; best interest advice, fair market analysis, court document review, & court appearance.
We pride ourselves on getting 90% of our cases approved the first time in front of the judge. We do not accept a denial as a possible decision, and will seek to keep the case open should the judge attempt to deny.